Sony Cup Series
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas

4 posters

Go down

Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas Empty Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas

Post by McBlair Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:11 pm

The race started off interesting with polesitter Dom Caps in the #3 Monster Energy car had to leave the field on the first lap because of problems. So this meant the front row would be the #5 DuPont of Jordan Davis and leading the field would be the #20 Home Depot of Richerd Johnson. The first lap was lead by the #20 of Richerd Johnson who's crew chief is actually Kyle Collins so this was a great accomplishment for the Richerd X Kyle duo. Rick Shultz, the breakout SCS star of 2015 in the #4 started battling for the lead early in the race. It was the rookie vs. the king which is a battle only one could dream of. Rick Shultz did end up taking the lead which started his amazing day, he was definitely looking to getting MER their first win. The pack racing here was extraordinary, so many lead changes it wasn't funny but other than the pack racing not much was happening.

Now we get to lap 14, still nothing has happened besides the tons of lead changes. But at that lap Nick Pericles started his day of dominance as well trying to get the Mountain Dew Racing their first win as well. At lap 17 the first wrecks took place, one big wreck and one smaller wreck. The first wreck happened when the #42 of Emma White slid into the #66 of Devin Becker. Both cars went up the track taking the #48 of Nick Mace with them and also clipping the #45 of Ryan Acosta. Emma White would actually flip a few times against the outside wall. Nick Mace would go down the track and collect a bunch of other drivers. Some of these being the #81 of Luca Fontana, the #22 of Maalik Nevins, the #33 of Charles Jackson, the #41 of Treck Tauger, the #23 of Dillon Young and MUCH more. The second wreck was when the #10 of Cody Llamas was racing a little too rough and cut in front of Jake Baskinger and flying into the #50 of Michael White who was having a great day.

The race restarted with the #38 of Chris Louviere leading the field but he couldn't hold off the #31 of Nick Pericles who was doing amazing the entire race and I'm not lying when I say that. In the same lap, right after the yellow flag as well a bunch of drivers pitted. Most notable being points leader Jake Baskinger and that pit stop was a stupid move made by his crew chief. Skipping to a few laps later the #4 of Rick Shultz also continued his dominating ways and took the lead. Skipping much more laps later nothing was happening, CBM was going for the 1-2 spots with DJ Kurtis and Matt Daleo. But all people tuning in were laughing at host FUEL Bandicoot who thought Dom Caps was on the lead lap... with the leaders. The next caution was at lap 56 when the #60 of Aaron Taylor ran the #85 of Stephen Pollard III out of room and both came and hit the #76 of Jeffrey Lynn. The worst thing about the wreck was when the #41 of Treck Tauger couldn't avoid the accident and rammed Jeffrey Lynn thus breaking Tauger's wrists and taking him out for a race, possinly two depending what the SCS officials and medics decide.

The field was led to green on lap 61 by the #88 of Jeff James. Caution flag flew again literally right after the race restarted, and it really could've been avoided but this is what happened. Basically the #66 of Devin Becker was slowing down the #24 of Vincent Allen so went the #28 of James Silverfox went in the turn he clipped Vincent Allen and both went down the track collecting the #33 of Charles Jackson who has been doing even worse after getting sacked from Blue Flare Motorsports.

The restart was on lap 67 with the #19 of DJ Kurtis leading the field to green. Definitely the best driver on CBM in our opinions. Those last few laps were intense. Jordan Davis and Rick Shultz had a great battle, one of the best we've seen all season. When Shultz passed Davis it looked like he was homefree for the win! Not the case, as the much slower Richerd Johnson was still there. Then on the last turn Rick Shultz got held up by Richerd Johnson leaving the door open for Eric Burton who jumped on the opportunity, held off Nick Pericles and won the race.

The top 5 of the race was as following. The #95 of Eric Burton, then #31 of Nick Pericles, the #4 of Rick Shultz, the #19 of DJ Kurtis, and last but not least the #5 of Jordan Davis. The Racers Digest award was given out to the #4 of Rick Shultz for the second week in a row. That shows Rick Shultz is a new threat, expect him back next season hopefully.

OCC: For those of you wondering, the Racers Digest award is an award I made that goes to the most dominate car of the day in my opinion. I also pretend the winner of the award gets a $1000 bonus from Racers Digest themselves

McBlair

Back to top Go down

Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas Empty Re: Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas

Post by DarkVoid718 Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:49 pm

I greatly assume I won the award at Arkansas, maybe Chicagoland. Winning that extra money is good with me!
DarkVoid718
DarkVoid718

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas Empty Re: Race Highlights: Round 26 of Las Vegas

Post by RedViperGaming Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:05 pm

i'm really mad..could have won it..
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:17 pm

RedViperGaming wrote:i'm really mad..could have won it..
Same, except I deserved the win more... Nahh, I'm just messing with you. I only said that cause McBlair implied it.

But I swear on my SCS career that McBlair's articles keep getting better and better! And the part where you were saying how Noah thought Dom was on the lead lap was hilarious. Great work bud!
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down